TLC’s members and volunteers make change possible! With your help and the help of partner organizations, we advocted for funding to build the Hiawatha Light Rail (LRT --the first light rail line in the Twin Cities!), won two dedicated funding sources for state and regional transit, successfully got a complete streets law passed, and changed the state's transportation goals. We continue to push for improvements for bicycling, walking and transit by contacting state and local decision makers to earn their support.
Right now, members are planning events, talking with commuters at Park & Rides and Farmers' Markets, and designing materials.
Here’s how you can help us transform our transportation system:
- Join 10,000 fellow Minnesotans to support our campaigns
- Recieve regular updates on our work and opportunities to take action
- No membership fees, but donations are welcome!
- East and West Metro member teams meet monthly --new members always welcome
- TLC volunteers help at events, contact elected officials, learn about the issues, and work together for local and regional change.
Take Action Online
- Fired up? Do something right now with our online action alerts.
- TLC relies on people like you to help us reform our transportation system
- Every contribution, no matter how big or small, brings us closer to our shared vision
- All contributions are tax-deductible and help TLC continue the work that makes our region a great place to live, work, and play.
Share your Story
- How have transit, bicycling, or walking affected you personally?
- How do you get around --to work, appointments, to see friends?
- What do you adore or dislike about your community's transportation choices?
- Your involvement makes a difference – we look forward to working together to shape Minnesota’s future!
Any questions? Contact Whitney Lawrence, Senior Organizer at 651-789-1406 or at whitneyl [at] tlcminnesota.org.