Administrative Assistant – Half-time
- Posted: August 19, 2014
- Salary: Competitive based on qualifications
- Appointment: Half-time (day-time work hours required)
- Deadline: First review of applications Sept. 5. Open until filled.
Transit for Livable Communities (TLC) is looking for a reliable, organized, administrative assistant who will streamline office systems and operations, and oversee a number of administrative areas. We seek someone who shares our commitment to bicycling, walking, and public transportation. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Participate in maintenance of records in our database
- Assist with coordination of meetings, events, and workshops
- Assist with mailings, fundraising appeals, recordkeeping, and routine correspondence
- Oversee office operations, including phone system, copier, and ordering supplies
- Receive and interact with visitors to the office
- Other duties as assigned
- Good writing, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Familiarity with databases, Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Docs
- Use/demonstrated interest in bicycling, walking, and public transit
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English a plus
We welcome applications until the position is filled and will begin screening/interviewing in September.
About Transit for Livable Communities
TLC is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working totransform Minnesota’s transportation system to strengthen communities, improve opportunity and health, foster a sound economy, and protect natural resources.Our accessible, bicycle-friendly office is located at University and Raymond Avenues in Saint Paul, along the Green Line light rail line. For background on TLC, see our web site: www.tlcminnesota.org.
Email or mail a cover letter summarizing your experience and interest in the position and resume to:
Transit for Livable Communities
Attn: Administrative Assistant
2356 University Avenue W, Suite 403 Saint Paul, MN 55114
Transit for Livable Communities is an equal opportunity employer.